Monday 25 April 2016

MU-Peter Science is Here

Happy DNA Day!
We Are Of The Sun
The sun in transit
Nous Sommes Du Soleil
MU-Peter Science

WELCOME
Science is a way of thinking
SciComm
and it is democratic.

Scientific ideas have power,
but not by an authoritarian rule.

Science rules by
the natural authoritative merits
of empirical evidence. 

Welcome to MU-Peter Science
This is my first blog post here. Yay!

On my personal blog MU-Peter
I've posted about diverse topics,
some of it science, some not.

This site, MU-Peter Science,
is dedicated strictly to science.

Strictly science

Posted here will be topics from
various academic disciplines.
From quantum physics to cosmology and a few things in between.

Expect a lot of evolutionary theory, anthropology, biology, ecology
and some climate stuff as well.

We are Here
The Pale Blue Dot
The Pale Blue Dot
This is the last photo of Earth taken by Voyager 1 in 1990
For more from the portal of Astrophysicist Carl Sagan

Media

I am an advocate of open science

You're invited to Follow on

Not on Facebook.
EVER.

Canada Face Flag

About MU-Peter Science

This is the "strictly science" blog of

MU-Peter Shimon
(aka Disruptive Digital Darwinist)

I specialize in evolution. Darwin and Stephen Jay Gould style.
I've worked in ecology and paleoanthropology,
Neanderthals are in my DNA.

I'm a proud member of the CBSA
Complex Biological Systems Alliance 

I live with my family (my wife & 3 young "adults" ha!)
and work mainly from my home-office,
where I do research and consulting
in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Science
uses both intuition and logic.

A different view of DNA

MU-Peter logo

Artist Rendition






A digital view of DNA
MU-Peter Science logo
Molecular Rendition

"Science is a way of thinking"



Past, Present and Future

I have excavated at Neanderthal sites and a Homo erectus site in the Vaucluse and Dordogne/Perigord of Southern France.

I've tracked and observed Vervet monkey behavior
on the island of Nevis in the Caribbean West Indies.

Up close and personal in a Zodiac or kayaking
I've studied 5 whale species,
including beluga, humpback and blue whales
in the St. Lawrence River Estuary in Canada,

Presently, I am re-editing and re-posting past MU blogs here.
To readers of my personal blog MU-Peter,
some of the first few posts will be (fondly?) familiar.

I always advocate for open science.
I always promote women in STEM
because they deserve it and gender balance is fair.
All blogs posted here will be about rigorous science.

Survival of the Fittest

The evolution of this site, it's themes,
design and focus may gradually be refined.
Sometimes things may be punctuated by rapid change.

I am diligently working to write fresh science blogs.
Naturally, they'll be selected and posted here when they are fit.

Disclaimer

It's ALWAYS important to be civil.

I take my science and my work SERIOUSLY, 
but I try not to take myself TOO SERIOUSLY. :-)
I'm ONLY open to questions or comments.
I'm NEVER open to arguments. :-(

Role of Science in a Democracy


Brian Cox
You should realize that we were not born
into the world from somewhere else.
Albert Einstein Quote
We are all born out of the universe.
That's something we should celebrate, together!

Suggested Further Reading

Beginner

Intermediate
Wonderful Life
Stephen Jay Gould

Advanced
The Structure of Evolutionary Theory
Stephen Jay Gould
MU-Peter Science logo
MU-Peter Science
© 2016 MU - Peter Shimon

2 comments:

  1. Peter, I wish you success with this new blog web site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Bjorn. Appreciated.

      Delete